Harmony Jewelry Designs and Wood Crafts's Fan Box

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a wonderful man, mother of three children,and grandma of six. I make jewelry and run my own business along with running the family business. I love meeting new people as well as helping to promote fellow artists.

August 9, 2010

Monday Ramblings

Jewelry Ramblings

I have decided that the media cannot determine what the best style is for everyone! I have my own ideas and own styles that a lot of times are not based on what happens to be popular at the time. I am the type of person that doesn't want that mass produced piece that everyone else is wearing. I enjoy designing and wearing pieces that are specific to me and my personality. To me, that is what designing is all about! That is why I LOVE custom orders! I love seeing the thoughts of others that have something specific in mine, sketching and designing that piece and then seeing that piece being received with such satisfaction and joy by that person. I know that you other jewelry designers out there know what I am talking about, don't you?

I am becoming more and more comfortable with my torch and will be working on some cold connections this week. Or, at least that is my plan. Anyone with kids knows that with school beginning in a few weeks, plans can change :D I will try to post as I complete each piece. Then again, I usually have 10 projects going on at the same time so you may also see a wire creation posted as well. I am just excited to be able to get to my bench on a more steady basis.


I will also begin my "Artist of the Week" on Wed., August 11th so keep your eyes peeled.




Personal Ramblings


I was able to take my 10 year old to see her Great Grandmother this past weekend! My daughter has not seen her in over 3 years and I felt that this was a trip that was a must and so glad that I made that decision. My mom's sister, Vickie, and her husband took on the responsibility of taking care of my grandmother when her deteriorated hearing and seeing became so bad that she would need constant care. You see, my grandmother is 89 and cannot hear. She wears a hearing aid in one ear but you still have to almost yell for her to be able to understand you. She can see some if you stand right in front of her or maybe off center but close.


My aunt refused to put my grandmother in a nursing home and had her home totally remodeled to add a room, a very large room, that would be my grandmother's own space. She has her own bathroom and small living area that includes a pull out couch. When we arrived at my aunt's house it was with the hopes to maybe give her a much needed break. My aunt has a lady that comes in during the week to help out but she does not stay all night so that leaves the nights for my aunt and her husband to care for my grandmother. The summer time is somewhat of a relief for my aunt since she only has to work during the school year but I do not see how she does what she does and still maintains her full time job at a local school when school is in session! My daughter and I slept in my grandmother's room this weekend and every time my grandmother gets up to use the rest room you have to put her oxygen back on her to go back to sleep. My aunt has also put a cow bell on Grandma's walker so that you are aware of when she gets up. Well, I heard this bell almost every hour on the hour and each of those times I was up to put her oxygen back on her so that she might could go back to sleep. I do believe that I slept w/one eye opened as I did when my children were newborns. If grandma coughed, I was up to make sure that she was alright. I was exhausted and understand why my grandmother sleeps into early afternoon. I don't know if it is something to do with the night air but she just seemed restless and my aunt told me that is normal for my grandmother. I saw a love between a daughter and her mother that I have never seen before!


I just want to say to all of those out there that are able to care for our elderly parents, AMEN! I know that you will be truly blessed because of this selfless act. I realize that not everyone is able to do this but to put your life on hold for the well being of someone else, I find that to be AWESOME! Here are a few photos from my most blessed weekend. Enjoy :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Your input and opinion are humbly appreciated.