Harmony Jewelry Designs and Wood Crafts's Fan Box

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a wonderful man, mother of three children,and grandma of six. I make jewelry and run my own business along with running the family business. I love meeting new people as well as helping to promote fellow artists.

August 18, 2010

Artist of the Week - Rosemary McLeod

Happy Wednesday Everyone :D

I am excited to bring to you this weeks artist !  Here is my interview with Rosemary. As you will see, Rosemary enjoys being creative with different metals.

1-Tell us a little about yourself

My name is Rosemary McLeod from Spartanburg, SC. I am a first generation American with German heritage. Both my parents enjoyed working with their hands in their leisure time such as welding some sculptures [my dad] or oil painting[my mom]. In high school, college, and later in life, I dabbled with watercolors, stained glass, smocking baby clothes and finally jewelry.

2-What inspired you to do jewelry?

I never thought about making jewelry until my hair stylist asked me to go to a local hobby shop and take a beginning earring class. Well, as they say, I got hooked. I took more classes and really became interested in working with metals, but I also like to make jewelry with vintage pieces and work with found objects.

3-What do you do when you are not doing jewelry?

In my off time, I like to go to the movies especially the off beat ones or indie films. Also, I like to shag with my husband and enjoy country music.

4-How do you promote yourself?

My work is promoted through my new website http://www.mcrosedesigns.com/ that has a link to my Etsy shop.
 
5-Is there anything you would like to express to your customers/clients and fans?


I would like my customers to know that I take great pride in my work and try to present a quality piece of jewelry. To me, giving the customer that special attention that they expect from handmade work is of great importance but most of all that find joy and fun with their new piece just has I had in making it. I believe each person has an artisan spirit, which one is yours?


Thank you so much for sharing yourself with us and I wish you much success!

You can find Rosemary's Etsy shop here : http://www.etsy.com/shop/McRoseDesigns




1 comment:

  1. The jewelry is beautiful AND unique! Thanks for interviewing her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Your input and opinion are humbly appreciated.