Harmony Jewelry Designs and Wood Crafts's Fan Box

About Me

My photo
I am the wife of a wonderful man, mother of three children,and grandma of six. I make jewelry and run my own business along with running the family business. I love meeting new people as well as helping to promote fellow artists.

August 25, 2010

Happy Wednesday!! Featured Artist "Jon Fine" Today (Wood-Work)

OK ladies and gents, get the drink of your choice and relax for a while as you meet my "Artist of The Week" today.  Please feel free to leave comments.  We really enjoy knowing that you dropped by to spend time with us.

Please meet Jon Fine of "Fine Crafts"


1-Tell us a little about yourself

I live in New Jersey with my wonderful wife, two adult sons, three cats and my pit bull "Jordan" who is just the greatest!  I am an Accountant with the hopes of retiring within the next three years so that I can devote all of my time to my wood crafting business. Maybe even open a brick and mortar store at some point.

2- What is your inspiration?

One day I was visiting the mall and saw a gentleman cutting wood. I became fascinated with this craft and after many questions and reading up on this craft I began to teach my self.  After many mistakes, trials and tribulations I started getting proficient and before I knew it, my scroll saw was my best friend.  I enjoy taking a blank piece of wood and turning it into something both beautiful and functional.

3- What are your other interest outside of your art?

My hobbies include golfing, fishing, & crocheting (a real novice).I play the saxophone in my spare time which I find very relaxing.  I also love to read, especially mysteries!  A few of my favorite authors are James Patterson, Robert Parker, Sidney Sheldon, and Lisa Scottoline.


4- How do you promote your work?

I promote my work through social networking sites such as:
Twitter:     http://twitter.com/jonpsu77
FaceBook:  Fine Crafts
Etsy:         http://www.etsy.com/shop/jonpsu77



5.  Is there anything you would like to express to your customers/clients and fans?

Having a variety of products available has worked best for me.  Once I get and idea for a project, I then design the pattern and go to work creating pieces created from many species of wood.  My favorite wood to cut is red Oak.  Once the project has been cut, a lemon oil finish is applied to bring out the beauty of the wood. 

I am more than happy to do custom orders if you do not see what you are looking for in my shop.  I am very convo friendly through my Etsy shop or please feel free to email me at jfine3348@aol.com

Thanks Jon for allowing us to get to know you and your work.  Wishing you many sales for the beauiful work that you do :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Your input and opinion are humbly appreciated.